Sales are steady but sloping down
D.C. released the monthly medical cannabis program metrics yesterday, revealing a slight rise in dispensary sales and over a $300,000 drop in cultivation sales in September. The program sold a total of $4.4 million in cannabis products overall. It’s important to note that these metrics do not include the gray market I-71 shops that proliferate across the city.
September 2023 Highlights
- There was a slight rise in patients served by a dispensary from 10,876 to 11,029.
- The top state for temporary patient registrations continued to be Virginia followed by Maryland than North Carolina.
- September overall sales fell slightly compared to the same month in 2022.
- Straight cannabis bud continues to be the only product seeing an increase in sales.
- Over 4,000 pounds of cannabis waste was destroyed in September.
- 2023 overall patient sales continue their downward trend from a program high this April when a four year record of over $3.5 million in dispensary sales was hit.